Epidemic situation in Northern Ostrobothnia
The corona epidemic in Northern Ostrobothnia is at a baseline phase.
Confirmed coronavirus cases:
Coronavirus cases confirmed during the previous day
New infections in the previous 14 days
Incidence in the previous 14 days / 100,000 inhabitants
The number of patients in Oulu University Hospital OYS
Total number of confirmed cases/infections
Recommendations and restrictions in force in Northern Ostrobothnia until 9.5.2021
Recommendations to public authorities
- The number of participants in both indoor and outdoor events shall be limited to 10 persons by the decision of Regional State Administrative Agencies.
- Such public spaces where possibility to covid-19 infection is high and which are managed by municipalities, shall be closed. Right to the necessary services for the residents may be secured.
- Youth centers and cultural premises such as museums and libraries may be opened.
Recommendation to residents, entrepreneurs and actors organising teaching
Mask recommendations (for over 12-year olds)
- Always in public transport and other public means of transport, e.g. taxis.
- Persons going to a coronavirus test on their way to the test and before the test result
is confirmed, if there is a compelling reason to move outside their home.
- Tourists and travellers, who have arrived in Finland from a risk area, when they proceed from
the point of entry to self-quarantine, or if they have a compelling reason to move outside the
home during self-quarantine.
- For healthcare personnel in all patient work. The recommendation applies also to patients,
family and relatives, students and visitors.
- Always in public indoor spaces and public events, including schools and educational institutions
from middle school on.
- The premises of private entrepreneurs (shops, banks, etc.)
- Upper secondary education institutions (including general upper secondary schools, “lukio” in
Finnish) and universities
- In places of work indoor spaces, where the use of a mask is possible.
- No private functions for over 10 persons shall be arranged.
Recreational group activities
- All recreational group activities for over 18-year-olds shall be stopped. Where possible,
recreational activities may continue remotely.
- Recreational group activities for under 18-year-olds may continue with discretion, if it is possible to conform the guidelines given by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
The elderly and risk groups
- Public and private service providers shall increase protective measures in their operations
and activities, to ensure protection of high risk groups from coronavirus infection.
- Careful consideration should be given to visits to the elderly and at-risk groups. It is recommended to use a mask and good hand hygiene when visiting.
Arrangement of education
- General upper secondary schools, vocational education institutions, liberal adult education
institutions may continue in classroom study.
- Universities of applied sciences and universities will switch to distance learning. The recommendation applies to both public and private actors.
Recommendation for remote working
- Remote working is recommended to all employees to the widest possible extent.
Remote meeting practices
- Remote meeting practices are recommended both in places of work and in leisure activity
meetings as comprehensively as possible.
Restaurants, bars ans licensed premises
- In compliance with the Government guidelinescultu