Epidemic situation in Northern Ostrobothnia
The corona epidemic in Northern Ostrobothnia is at a acceleration phase.
Confirmed coronavirus cases:
Coronavirus cases confirmed during the previous day
New infections in the previous 14 days
Incidence in the previous 14 days / 100,000 inhabitants
The number of patients in Oulu University Hospital OYS
Total number of confirmed cases/infections
Recommendations and restrictions in force in Northern Ostrobothnia until 28.3.2021
Recommendations to public authorities
- The number of participants in both indoor and outdoor events shall be limited to 6 persons by the decision of Regional State Administrative Agencies.
- Such public spaces where possibility to covid-19 infection is high and which are managed by municipalities, shall be closed. Right to the necessary services for the residents may be secured.
Recommendation to residents, entrepreneurs and actors organising teaching
Mask recommendations (for over 12-year olds)
- Always in public transport and other public means of transport, e.g. taxis.
- Persons going to a coronavirus test on their way to the test and before the test result
is confirmed, if there is a compelling reason to move outside their home.
- Tourists and travellers, who have arrived in Finland from a risk area, when they proceed from
the point of entry to self-quarantine, or if they have a compelling reason to move outside the
home during self-quarantine.
- For healthcare personnel in all patient work. The recommendation applies also to patients,
family and relatives, students and visitors.
- Always in public indoor spaces and public events, including schools and educational institutions
from middle school on.
- The premises of private entrepreneurs (shops, banks, etc.)
- Upper secondary education institutions (including general upper secondary schools, “lukio” in
Finnish) and universities
- In places of work indoor spaces, where the use of a mask is possible.
- No private functions for over 6 persons shall be arranged.
Recreational group activities
- All recreational group activities for over 18-year-olds shall be stopped. Where possible,
recreational activities may continue remotely.
- Recreational group activities for under 18-year-olds may continue with discretion, if it is possible to conform the guidelines given by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
The elderly and risk groups
- Public and private service providers shall increase protective measures in their operations
and activities, to ensure protection of high risk groups from coronavirus infection.
- Careful consideration should be given to visits to the elderly and at-risk groups. It is recommended to use a mask and good hand hygiene when visiting.
Arrangement of education
- General upper secondary schools, vocational education institutions, liberal adult education
institutions may continue in classroom study.
- Universities of applied sciences and universities will switch to distance learning. The recommendation applies to both public and private actors.
Recommendation for remote working
- Remote working is recommended to all employees to the widest possible extent.
Remote meeting practices
- Remote meeting practices are recommended both in places of work and in leisure activity
meetings as comprehensively as possible.
Restaurants, bars ans licensed premises
- In compliance with the Government guidelines